TLC offers many ways to participate in local outreach on a weekly or monthly basis as well as a variety of special events!
Primary Local Outreach Ministries
- Joyful Noise: Disability outreach team and weekly Sunday program. Contact Bill Avelino at email@example.com
- Kidz Korner: Where parents can donate, trade or pick up slightly used kids' clothing. Contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mom’s Angels: Car repair for single moms (with kids under 18) and widows. Contact Robin at email@example.com or 831-465-3381.
- Nursing Home Visitation Teams and Bridge of Hope: Outreach to those who are weak or disabled, confined to care facilities or in their own homes.
- People’s Pantry: Provides food for needy families. For more information, call Jack at 831-566-3791 on Wednesdays only. Donate food in barrels in church lobby.
- Prison Ministry: Providing support for prisoners and their families. Includes Friends Outside, Angel Tree, Bible Studies, and Living Environments. Contact Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-465-3381.
- Pajaro Rescue Mission & Teen Challenge: Providing a faith-based and practical solution for men and women with life controlling issues. For more information, call 831-724-9576.
- Serve The Bay: An annual event to perform community service projects throughout Santa Cruz County. (This year, at the request of Santa Cruz Mayor Don Lane, we are teaming up / combining our efforts with the October 24 "Make a Difference Day" program that will serve throughout the county. For more information, contact Robin Spurlock at email@example.com or 465-3381.
- Adult Sports Leagues 2016 League registration is CLOSED. To get on a waiting list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Local Ministry Affiliations
- American Red Cross - www.redcross.org. TLC partners with the Santa Cruz chapter of the American Red Cross to host an annual blood drive.
- International Students, Inc. (ISI): Sharing Christ's love with international students, scholars, and families at UCSC and Cabrillo College. For more information, contact Peggy Pollard at ISI.SantaCruz@gmail.com or 831-239-3429.
- Pregnancy Resource Center: Support and education for pregnant women. For more information, visit www.santacruzprc.org or call 831-475-2200.
- Project Homeless Connect - www.phc-santacruz.org: A one-day event in the Spring and in the Fall to help local homeless individuals.
- Siena House: Provides an environment of total support for homeless women experiencing a crisis pregnancy. Support both before and after delivery. For more information, visit www.sienahouse.org, or contact email@example.com or 831-425-2229.
- Wings: A ministry for Homeless Advocacy. Provides support on a one-on-one basis to help the homeless find housing, employment, get documentation, legal assistance, health care and transportation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or visit www.wingsadvocacy.org. NEXT TRAINING: Sat. Oct. 10th from 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM at Garfield Park Circle Church. RSVP to email@example.com or 566-3738.
- Young Enough to Serve (Y.E.S.): Utilizing the talents of second-half adults to make a positive impact on our community.
- Youth N.O.W.: Tutoring, homework help, and mentoring for local teens to help keep them out of gangs. Contact Nicole Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-768-7998.
- VA Hospital Outreach: Special events throughout the year. For more information contact Lisa Tkoch at email@example.com.